Feb 8, 2018
HOW THE BIPARTISAN BUDGET AGREEMENT BEGINS TO REBUILD THE MILITARY
America's Military Today:
- Over the past 8 years we have reduced the size of the Army, Guard, and Reserve by as much as 120,000 Soldiers and eliminated 15 brigade combat teams.
- Only 5 of 58 Brigade Combat Teams are "ready to fight tonight."
- Funding to upgrade outdated Army equipment has been cut in half during the last 8 years.
What the Bipartisan Budget Agreement Can Do: Invest $21.9 billion to get our troops ready to deploy, including:
- $2.8 billion to repair Army equipment
- $5.1 billion to recruit additional Soldiers
- $14.0 billion to replace or upgrade current equipment
***Based on FY18 NDAA Funding Levels***