GET OUR SHIPS AND SAILORS BACK TO SEA
Feb 8, 2018
HOW THE BIPARTISAN BUDGET AGREEMENT BEGINS TO REBUILD THE MILITARY
America's Military Today:
- Serious readiness shortfalls, including insufficient time or resources to train Sailors or maintain ships, contributed to the fatal accidents aboard the USS Fitzgerald and USS McCain last summer.
- In some cases, Sailors have been working over 100 hours a week to keep up with training requirements and current operations.
- Navy ships and submarines remain in port unable to sail and perform their mission due to critical maintenance that cannot be conducted due to budget cuts.
What the Bipartisan Budget Agreement Can Do: Invest $40.9 billion to get our ships back to sea, including:
- $12.7 billion to repair the ships we have
- $26.2 billion to add new ships to the fleet
- $2.0 billion to recruit and train our Sailors
***Based on FY18 NDAA Funding Levels***