On May 10, 2018, the FY19 NDAA passed the Armed Services Committee with an overwhelming bipartisan vote of 60 to 1. The bill does the following:
- Supports necessary increase in topline funding to support our troops and readiness recovery consistent with President Trump's commitment to rebuild the military.
- Pay raise of 2.6% for our troops - Largest in 9 years.
- Increase the size of Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Naval and Air Reserve, as well as Air Guard.
- Makes major reforms in Pentagon bureaucracy and streamlines buying practices.
- Increases funding to rebuild our military and support readiness recovery:
- Increases funding for training in each of the Services;
- $18.6 billion to begin to rehabilitate and replace worn out Army equipment;
- $39.5 billion to begin to overcome the crisis in military aviation by getting more aircraft in the air;
- $36.0 billion to restore America’s strength at sea;
- $23.3 billion to sustain, repair and rebuild crumbling military buildings and other infrastructure.
- Makes critical investments in missile defense and our nuclear deterrent, which is the cornerstone of our national security.
- Makes key investments in other critical military capabilities to confront aggression and address threats around the world, including threats from Russia, China, North Korea and Iran.
- Authorizes funding for co-development and co-production of missile defense and weapon systems with our key ally Israel.
- Advances innovative technologies that will reform the way we will fight and win wars.
For more information on the NDAA, including the bill summary
visit the HASC website.
FOR QUESTIONS PLEASE REACH OUT TO THE HASC TEAM AT x52539