The Readiness Subcommittee is responsible for the single largest account within DOD’s budget. It oversees military readiness, training, logistics and maintenance issues and programs, military construction, installations and family housing issues, and the BRAC process. It also oversees civilian personnel, energy security, and environmental issues that affect DOD. The Readiness Subcommittee makes sure that our troops are properly trained and their equipment is properly maintained so they can succeed in their missions, and that they have the facilities and services they deserve when they return home.
About the Subcommittee
Rep. Robert Wittman (VA) will lead the Readiness Subcommittee in the 113th Congress with Rep. Madeleine Z. Bordallo (Guam) serving as the Ranking Member.
Members of the Subcommittee
- Rob Wittman, Virginia Visit Site
- Rob Bishop, Utah
- Vicky Hartzler, Missouri Visit Site
- Austin Scott , Georgia Visit Site
- Kristi Noem, South Dakota
- J. Randy Forbes, Virginia Visit Site
- Frank A. LoBiondo, New Jersey Visit Site
- Mike Rogers, Alabama Visit Site
- Doug Lamborn, Colorado Visit Site
- Scott Rigell, Virginia Visit Site
- Steve Palazzo , Mississippi Visit Site