The Intelligence, Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee is responsible for overseeing counter-terrorism programs and initiatives and counterproliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Additionally, this subcommittee oversees U.S. Special Operations Forces, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), information technology and programs, force protection policy and oversight, and related intelligence support. It makes sure that our nation is protected against terrorist attacks and unconventional threats.
About the Subcommittee
Meet the Chairman, Mac Thornberry
Rep. Mac Thornberry (TX) will lead the Intelligence, Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee in the 113th Congress, with Rep. James R. Langevin (RI) serving as the Ranking Member.
Members of the Subcommittee
- Mac Thornberry, Texas
- Jeff Miller, Florida Visit Site
- John Kline, Minnesota Visit Site
- Bill Shuster, Pennsylvania Visit Site
- Rich Nugent, Florida
- Trent Franks, Arizona Visit Site
- Duncan Hunter, California Visit Site
- Chris Gibson, New York Visit Site
- Vicky Hartzler, Missouri Visit Site
- Joe Heck, Nevada Visit Site