The Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee is responsible for overseeing counter-terrorism programs and initiatives and counterproliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Additionally, this subcommittee oversees U.S. Special Operations Forces, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), information technology and programs, force protection policy and oversight, and related intelligence support. It makes sure that our nation is protected against terrorist attacks and unconventional threats.
About the Subcommittee
Rep. Joe Wilson (SC) will lead the Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee in the 114th Congress, with Rep. James R. Langevin (RI) serving as the Ranking Member.
Members of the Subcommittee
Joe Wilson, South Carolina
- John Kline, Minnesota Visit Site
- Bill Shuster, Pennsylvania Visit Site
- Duncan Hunter, California Visit Site
- Richard B. Nugent, Florida
- Ryan Zinke, Montana
- Trent Franks, Arizona Visit Site
- Doug Lamborn, Colorado Visit Site
- Mo Brooks , Alabama Visit Site
- Bradley Byrne, Alabama
- Elise Stefanik, New York