HASC Fact Sheet and Overview of Benghazi Attack
- (HASC O&I Interim Report 02112014.pdf - 289.6 KBs)
- (HASC Fact Sheet Oversight of Benghazi Attack.docx.pdf - 215.2 KBs)
Hearings and Briefings
March 15 2013
U.S. Force Posture and Planning Before, During and After the Attack
Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Press Release read out
June 26, 2013
November 29, 2012
Readout of House Armed Services Committee, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations Classified Briefing on Benghazi
June 26, 2013
Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations received testimony in a classified briefing from three key figures involved in the response to the attack on Americans in Benghazi. General Carter Ham (ret), LTC S.E. Gibson, and Rear Admiral Brian Losey offered accounts of U.S. force posture and planning ahead of the attack, and actions taken during and after the attack.
McKeon Continues Benghazi Oversight
May 15, 2013
Chairman McKeon requested additional information to continue HASC oversight of the attack on U.S. Facilities and personnel in Benghazi, Libya. Specifically requesting additional information on how the military was postured to respond to a crisis on September 11 2012, Chairman McKeon asked that the commanding officer of the Site Security Team for Tripoli during the Benghazi attack be made available.
McKeon Statement on DoD Denial of Vital Benghazi Oversight Information
May 8 2013
The Honorable Elizabeth King, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs responded to Chairman McKeon's April 17th request to Secretary Hagel, that the DOD provide a classified timeline of the events that transpired on September 11-12, 2012 in Benghazi, Libya. Assistant Secretary King denied the Chairman's request, pointed out that an unclassified timeline has been released, and asserted that no formal classified timeline exists.
McKeon Letter to Secretary Hagel on Benghazi
April 25, 2013
Chairman Howard P. "Buck" McKeon sent the following letter to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel requesting the classified version of the Defense Department's Benghazi timeline.
McKeon Presses White House on Response to Terrorist Attack in Libya
October 31 2012
Rep. Howard P. "Buck" McKeon, Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, wrote a letter to President Obama in response to White House assertions about the military response to the September 11, 2012 attack in Libya.
Chairmen Demand Answers from President on Libya Terrorist Attack
September 26, 2012
Eight senior members author letter seeking additional information.
Chairman McKeon letters to:
- April 24, 2013 (Hagel 4 17 13 HPM.pdf - 231.2 KBs)
- (HPM to Obama 10.29.12.pdf - 120.2 KBs)
- (HPM to ADM McRaven 10.18.12.pdf - 312.4 KBs)
- (HPM to General Ham 10.18.12.pdf - 308.3 KBs)
- (HPM to LTG Flynn 10.18.12.pdf - 394.0 KBs)
- (HPM to VADM Tidd 10.18.12.pdf - 308.6 KBs)
Response letters to the Chairman from:
- (2012.11.21_Letter from the White House Counsel.pdf - 152.5 KBs)
- (SOCOM Cdr letter 26 Oct 12.pdf - 346.1 KBs)
- (AFRICOM Response to HPM (Benghazi).pdf - 224.4 KBs)
- (DIA Director Flynn response to HPM.pdf - 340.9 KBs)
- (VADM Tidd response to HPM.PDF - 40.0 KBs)